• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tree strap for harness?

gopher_nation

The tree I have my hang-on stand on is too big to fit the tree-strap for my harness. Pretty sure my ratchet straps are 8', and they made it around. Anyways, what is the work around here? I feel a little more "at-ease" when I'm strapped in. I saw Hunters Specialties has a Rope-Style Tree Strap, is that my only option?

Hard to picture but - All I use is a good rope with a loop in one end with a separate thinner rope attached to the main rope using a pruissic knot. I run a strong caribiner from the harness to the loop end of the pruissic knot.

You could make the longer rope that goes around the tree as long as you need to in order to get around the tree.

Summit packaged with their climbers a few years ago. Not sure about today.

Way better that the straps. Google it. There are some youtube vids.

I saw Hunters Specialties has a Rope-Style Tree Strap, is that my only option?

If you do go that option, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I've had one of those new in the package for a few years but just took it out this year for the first time due to one stand set up that made me a little nervous. I liked it a lot and will continue to use it more frequently, maybe even buy another so I can leave it hanging at each stand for the weekend.

Gopher_nation,

It's actually an HSS Lifeline that I'm using. Hunter Specialties didn't quite ring true for me on that so I looked it up. It's from Hunter's Safety Systems and costs about $40.

What the others are telling you will work fine too and be less expensive but I'm thinking its worth $40 to keep me safe all the way up and down the tree. The line is 30 ft long and the stand I referred to that made me nervous uses just about the whole length. eek

The primary trail I'm watching from that stand shows up on my range finder as being at a 43 degree angle and at 13 yards but aim for 20.