• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

After market tweaks

Fishbitten

I'm considering buying the K&N power filter kit has air filter carb jets etc. is the power gain going to be enough to off set the addition of 1" over sized tires? I also would like to put on a lift kit, I don't ride alot but am curious how much additional wear to u-joints and other components. Thank you!

The K&N kit will help some with power increase. You moving up to 26-inchers? Depending on the machine you want the tires to fit (some machines need a lift some don't) I wouldn't put in a lift kit unless it needed it.

I did the K&N filter and jet kit with 2" lift and 27" and fmf pipe, unless your looking to cross alot for water save you money!!!!!!!!!

------------------
take a kid hunting

These power kits don't add gobs of power like one may think.They usually give you 3 to 5 horse power gain on most machines.Some of the high performance machines like the Yamaha Raptor,Banshee,Honda EX,250R, Suzuki 400, and 250,500R's all gain quit a bit as they tend to use the added air flow better than the utilitiy machines do.Spark curves,carberation, and in some instances computer calibration all help or hinder the amount oa air you can add and gain power from.
Also these filters can allow larger particals of dirt and dust to get into the cylinder where as a stock foam filter has a denser foam that traps most of this.That is why the stock filters are so restrictive.
I would do some more research into the added benifits of these kit's, ask around in some of the forums that cater to your spicific machine i.e (TRX250RFORUM), (POLARIS SPORTSMAN FORUM)
Just do a search on the web using the model name of your ride.
If you are planing on more mod's down the rode then a filter kit will benifit those mod's as well.
Benny