• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

the Clock Is Ticking!!!

Driftless

ZeroSmallies_zps67294bcb.jpg

September 30th will be here before you know it. You will be looking back at Wisconsin's 2013 small stream trout and wondering where all the time went?

The trout are about to get in spawning mode. They will start swimming upstream to the headwaters in search of gravel beds. These times are extra good times to catch big browns because they are in transition from their summer homes and their fall spawning grounds.

You had intentions of getting out many more times in 2013 and just didn't find the time. My advice is to find time. That extra long five month closed season can be a serious drag.

I went out this morning and had 22 smallish browns to hand in four hours.

Let me check on that Tick-Toc Tic.. clock's running fine by me. Nearest Iowa stream is 20 minutes from my house, offering me fishing at 365 smile and of course the steelies and browns of the great lakes will be hammering are all but a few weeks after the stream closes

no sweating here in the Coulee Region..

My kind of water. Bustin log jams and cut corners looking for monsters.

28 days left in season.

Iowa's trout streams stay open year round.

Minnesota opens January 01.

LenOnPine.jpg

was out last night for 2 hours. One dozen to hand.

Cleaned the smoker yesterday.

Doing my one time a year smoking on October 01.