• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Victory VAP Arrows

Does anyone hunt with these arrows? I've been using the Maxima Hunter 350's for the past few years, but I didn't get good penetration on the 2 deer that I shot last year. I need some new arrows and I'm thinking about making a switch. From what I hear these arrows hit a lot harder.

I have been shooting the 2 blade 100 gr. rage for the past few years. Before that I was shooting the Shuttle T Locks. I really liked the Shuttle T's, but after I got a new bow in 2010 I couldn't get them to fly very well. My groups got much larger and you could see the arrow corkscrewing to the target. I switched to the rage and my arrows flew true. I am also kicking around the idea of switching back to the Shuttle T's and trying again to fix the flight issue. The only problem is that I now have 6 brand new Rage's that I'd like to use up.

That's the reason I asked. The Rage is a pretty big expandable. Lot's of people have penetration issues with them. Another type of broadhead may fix that problem without the expense of new arrows.

Lot's of options out there...I had the same issues with corkscrewing broadheads too. Quickspin vanes helped. I shoot the G5 Stryker now with no issues.

Sounds like you may have a bow tune issue going on. Mechanicals cover up any tune issues, while fixed blades bring them to light. It's not the arrows. The CX 350's are good shafts and Shuttle T's are awesome heads. Visit a shop and shoot through paper and get your rig fine tuned. You'll be able to shoot any head you want like darts and sufficient penetration.

just bought VAP 400's....freakin awesome arrows

I bought them for not only penetration but moreso for durability.

Other carbon's I've shot have splintered. ]

They will carry great T.V. with an expandable.

I shoot a 4 blade muzzy 100 grain.

I use the same pin for 10 and 20 yrds. there's only an inch and a half drop at most.

At 20 yards is better than expected penetration.

I would start to worry about damaging my bow with how light those shafts are. 7.1 grains per inch doesn't weigh up enough for me. Take your draw weight and multiply it by 6 and that's the lightest I would go for your arrow weight combined with your broadhead/feild point. If you want a hard hitting small diameter arrow I would look at the easton axis arrows 2c

Is there more than 1 style of insert/outsert that goes on them to be able to accept broadheads? Also, I thought about ordering some online. Do you order them cut 1" shorter than you would order any other arrow?

archery country in Rogers sells them, they're

right behind taco Bell by Cabella's.

That's the pro shop closest to you that will be your best bet to help you

{other than the regular internet guru's}

They seem like a great bunch of guys there that service all makes.

They had my new accessories on and shooting within minutes on their range

in which they have three to choose from.

to answer your questions

they do have the inserts for different set ups,

and

stay away from ordering stuff from the net that you're not sure of.

that place {AC} will sell you anything you want, but they'll do so responsibly.... meaning if you want something that they do not recommend they'll tell you upfront and steer you in the best direction.