• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bugs in the woods

I have noticed next to nothing for bugs in town the last month in the yard.

Yesterday I went out to 1 woods and put up some trail cameras and they all but carried me away.

What have others noticed for mosquitoes in the woods? At least in the 1 woods I was in with no water ponds to close, the squeeters were crazy.

Was out checking camera and food plot the other day and they weren't bad at all. Not nearly what I expected them to be. In fact, I'm the opposite of you. My yard is terrible bad for skeeters and the woods wasn't nearly that bad. Sure that will change as soon as we are able to crawl up into the stand. Can't wait to try out my Thermacell!!

A good wind helps a lot. Spent two days camping, 1st day not bad at all but had a good wind, the next day was calm and you could not put enough spray and mosquito coils out to have a camp fire! frown

Ya I'd have to agree that they are terrible...Me and my buddy walked a ways up the St. Louis through the woods and we had to throw our rain jackets on in 85 degree weather to keep them off...I can't go to my favorite shore spot cause they dam near push you in the river....Does anyone know how well those thermacells work?? I forgot I had one..

There are a few mosquitos but it has been really dry up here so they are tolerable. The deer flies though are just crazy bad and there are a few woodticks still around. I found 4 on a recent walk setting cameras..

Walked out a few days back into some low land I hunt near a crick. Mosquitos were insane. Everything was more overgrown than I have seen in a long time and it felt like a jungle. Covered in bug spray and it still didn't help. Couldn't even stick it out long enough to tune up the stand and hang a camera. Will head back in a few weeks and hopefully will be better.

Went up to the woods where we rifle hunt today and bout got carried out of the woods by horseflies and skeeters. Never seen it that bad up there. Will definitely wait a while before I venture back up there!