• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

wireless adapters for cameras

looking for a gift for my techy wife who also likes photography. I believe she has a Nikon D5100 for a camera.

I am looking at 2 products one is the Eye-Fi wireless sd card and the other is the Nikon WU-1a adapter.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these? I am leaning towards the Eye-Fi (I know there are several versions) anyone have any advice?

What specifically are you trying to do with the wireless set up? That might help with your decision.

I can tell you this, the Nikon WU-1a does not work on the 5100 from my research. D3200/D5200/D7100 are the compatible cameras per the Nikon web site. The Eye-fi is VERY slow to transfer a shot, likely in the neighborhood of a few minutes on a full resolution photo. Not sure how that would be of any use.

She wants it more for convenience not so much speed. She takes a lot of pics at home of our kids and doesn't like swapping the card from the camera to the laptop. It would be nice instead of the card filling up it automatically deletes from the card once they are uploaded.Its definitely a want and not a need.

ML-L3 is the infrared remote trigger for Nikon I have one that a use for night shots and some self portrait work. It is pretty cheap and is great for getting everyone in the family photos. I have no experince with the eye-fi cards but have thought about getting them for my waterproof camera. Unfortunately moving pictures is one chore that can't be escaped. Good luck with your selection.