• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kenai Reds are in!

Sweet - good for you. I analyzed in my head on my drive back to Anchorage on what I was doing different from other guys (other than me not ripping) and it came down to I had split shot on my line and others had drop sinkers. Maybe that 1-2" is the difference between night and day. Anyhow I really think I need to go up next year again to test my theory. I am sure we will talk more on this subject.

Its all about the prop per weight and the swing. Get an Assortment of 3/4 rubber core, some split shot and my favorite at, the three way w rubber cinch. Slow your drift and be sure to finish it. 80% of the fish I catch come on the very end of my drift when the line is well down stream of me, often right at the next person downs feet if you are in a "combat" zone

i used to be strictly split shot and moved on to rubber core this year and i think it makes a big difference...i love the rubber core now. chrome have you done any dollie or trout fishing down there? we are headed to quartz creek tommorow the 10th to do some dollie fishing.

So long to wait to try again. Might have to try some fall steelheading if they do that over WI way. I used to use rubber core but went to split shot to have more control over the weight. My next game plan is to have a 2" drop line with a knot at the bottom and use split shot on that. The way the runs have been the last couple of years I would show up in mid-July instead of the last week of July also.