• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally

hunt4food

Maybe we should be a little more sharing with snowmobilers. After all, we get to use their trails in the summer, oh wait, no we don't. The state has tons of trails for us, well not tons, well maybe 100 miles worth. Well, we just don't spend money like snowmobilers, but only because we don't get the same opportunities.

I guess to get more respect in this state we'll have to:

1) Regularily park our rides in front of bars and drink like there is no tomorrow.
2) Trespass.
3) Make sure everyone's clothes match when we're riding with buddies.
4) Get engines that go faster so we can outrun local law enforcement.
5) Be able water skip our ATVs.
6) Ocassionally smack an ice house or parked car after dark during the ice season.

So, let's unite ATV brothers. We can become equals.

Editor's Note to my snowmobiling friends: I am being absurd to illustrate how neglected us ATVers are by the state of Minnesota. I know the vast majority of you are law abiding riders. I too enjoy an occasional cruise on a sled. The ATVers of this state seem to be treated as a group of neanderthals that need to be overly restricted and kept in check else we're liable to run willy-nilly through anything and everything.

BigPike,

Don't worry brother. We won't tear up any trails. We're just funning.

You do raise a valid point. Maybe ATV clubs need more members to gain a bigger voice. Odds are poor that we'll gain a stronghold on any existing snowmobile trails, but it may improve ATV's image.

Most Snow trails run on private ag land. That's why it'd be hard to secure for ATV trails.

Oh, I'm completely funnin' with any sled heads out there. I say the more motorsports the better. We only live once. So, if you ever do see an ATV track across a sled trail, don't get bent outta shape. smile.gif The ATV rider may not know about any rules/laws. Talk to them if you can and help educate them.

H4F, you're just trying to get me in trouble, aren't ya? wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 12-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 12-06-2001).]

Snomobilers have fought a long and difficult road to get the trail system to where it is today. A big reason that the system is so large and vast is that it was largely built in a time where there was not so much opposition to motorized recreation. It is a constant battle to keep what has been gained. Some examples of this are the stud ban that was overturned a couple years back, and the battle royale that was fought over some bay closures in Voyaguers National Park.

In this day and age, it is difficult to get any type of motorized recreational trail system started. Judges legislating from benches, Sierra Club and The Blue Water network filing lawsuits and citing emission stats that are so horribly outdated are what we are up against.

There is a group that fights for trail access, and that is the Blue Ribbon Coalition. Check them out, and don't forget to write your lagislators.....

OK OK. So I was having a little fun. I maybe got just a little carried away. I am thankful for those snowmobile trails. By the way, snice you sled heads aren't using them right now, do you mind if I do? I will be very careful and try to smooth out all of the gopher piles for ya!! smile.gif

just one comment on this topic....i understand that there are not many designated atv trails out there, but if you look at all the time and effort that snowmobile clubs and others have put into clearing, grooming, etc. i think you should be able to understand why they don't want those groomed trails all tore up with atv tracks.