• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund dealer - R & R or Erickson?

kg25

Wondering if anyone would be willing to share thoughts on these 2 Lund dealers. I am about right in the middle distance wise between them. Within the next 12 months I plan to buy a new boat and don't know much about the reputation for before and after purchase service between these 2 dealers. This will be my first new boat. (got my eyes on the Fury XL tiller at this point, but that's a different discussion and my mind might change)

Or when I get to the time of purchasing am I better off talking to both and see who can give me the best deal? Do dealers have much leeway with price?

I currently have an older 14' Lund with bench seats and am looking forward to a 16' with an open floor plan.

Thanks for any insight!

I purchased a new LUND from R&R and they were great to deal with.

When I need some warranty work done on the boat, they could not figure out the problem after I made 11 trips back to them to fix the motor.

I will NEVER go back to them even to buy a boat as they were happy to take my money and it all ended there.

Sales office is great but the repiar shop is another story. I ended up calling LUND and Merciry and they had me take it to another dealer on the north side of the metro. They fixed it in the 1st trip.

Wit that said, this was 6 years ago so they may have gotten better or I would at least hope so.

I now go to B&B Sport's in Hutchinson for my motor repairs or service and they have been as good as it gets.

I would check both of them and se who wants to deal and you will get a feel for the rest of the shop and what not if you spend a little time there and talk to thepeople there. good luck

I had always thought R&R had a good reputation until a guy I work with had a bad experience with his boat repair. I was going to take mine there for some carb work because its closer to home than where I bought the boat. I will take it back to them, Hannay's, probably where Harvey took his (north metro).

Harvey,

Iwas at B&B the other day and noticed that it appears they have made changes in the service dept. I did not see Tom there or his certificates. Any info on this?

Nothing.

I have used them 3-4 times and all I can say is they went out of thier way to satisfy me and the service was second to none. Butch has a great shop there.

If I was a not a huge LUND fan, I would purchase my boats there also. My brother has done alot of business with B&B and always happy.

I tried R&R

I wanted a Rebel Sport with extras.

They told me for more bang for buck go with a Impact.

I told them I don't want the Impact.

He replied and said We do not sell many Lund Rebels with the full windshield or the sport, most of our customers will go with the Lund Impact, with the rod storage and extra livewell the price point is so close and you get a lot more boat for your money

Well If you want something they will try selling you something you don't want.

Got a quote From AL's Rochester and was cheaper.

It amazes me the way boat dealers treat service customers. They charge rates similar to car dealers but many give half arsed service. I could not imagine being treated by an auto dealer the same way that boat dealers treat their customers.

I had issues with R&R service this spring. They offered shop time to fix the issues they left 75% completed. I decided it was better to finish it myself for free.