• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any good canoe trips to report???

Well that's the nice thing about tripping late in the year...no worries about getting a permit. I'm not a hunter, but I'm pretty sure even I could've bagged my limit of ducks on the way into or out of Pauness...the ducks were everywhere. Gooses too.

I do like Ely, though; the Significant Other and I actually spent a good portion of the evening working on a growler I brought home from the Boathouse. It was all I could do to not open it on that torturous drive down Hwy 23 back to St Cloud...

I love tripping in October, but I also play it by ear...I've been in on some NASTY weather that made things less than awesome. We're planning to head into Crab Lake (never been there), Morgan (off the Gunflint), or Stuart. Actually, maybe Stuart is out of the question if you're going to be blasting away somewhere around Ely. There are some nice walleyes in there, though... smile

No BWCA trips to report, but I've been lucky enough to find bass (largemouth) that are willing to bite on topwaters over relatively deep cabbage weeds on a relatively local (and clear) lake. In a deep fit of boredom I went out earlier tonight in the rain, and they were on fire. I got soaked, but it didn't matter. smile

Plus, in exactly three weeks (fingers crossed), I'll be in the BWCA. God bless 'merica.

full-552-38086-img_2140(1024x768).jpg

Trekked up to the Bdub last weekend, decent weather, good laughs and some steak and walleye dinners. The grouse and ducks escaped this year, next year they will not be as lucky. wink

Not quite ready to hang the canoe up for the year, but it's getting close.

Very jealous. Both of my planned trips ended up not working out, one due to the extremely premature birth of my buddy's child, and the other due to weather that didn't make me want to paddle solo. I get wimpy in the solo in May and October.