• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crow River shore fishing?

UPOW

Looking for some decent shore fishing spots on the Crow near Champlin. Checked out the Dayton boat launch, not very much room there. Just got into cat fishing this spring any spots with decent access to the river will help alot. Thanks.

its been a while since ive fished that area, but if i remember correctly you can find parking on the NW side the HWY101 bridge.

another spot is off of 53rd St which follows the river to the east, about a half mile or so u'll have sum spots you can park on the rightside and fish anywhere thats fishable. ive caught a lil bit of everything that stretch.

1-3oz depending on current bank sinkers on a slip rig with a 4/0 circle hook and cutbait is my usually setup

theres alot of suckers in that stretch, use crawlers to catch the suckers, fillet it, then cut them to size usually about 1" strips. 1 or 2 decent size suckers should last ya an outing

good luck and hope this helps

its been a while since ive fished that area, but if i remember correctly you can find parking on the NW side the HWY101 bridge.

Sorry, after the MN DOT put in a new on-ramp from Wright Cty 36 to southbound 101 a few years ago, that parking spot is no more. No more parking right along the highway, at the bridge.

Darnit, that was a pretty good spot.

but im sure u'll find fishable area along 53St heading east. i like bends either outside or inside bends. outside bends will usually have a deeper pool and can hold numerous fish n a spot if its fishable depending on current. also dont forget any snags or log jams will hold kittens as well

good luck and let us know how you did

Darnit, that was a pretty good spot.

but im sure u'll find fishable area along 53St heading east. i like bends either outside or inside bends. outside bends will usually have a deeper pool and can hold numerous fish n a spot if its fishable depending on current. also dont forget any snags or log jams will hold kittens as well

good luck and let us know how you did

The spots you are referring to on 53rd St./Wright County 36, are not that accessible now. The county put up a metal guardrail along the river side of the road, and most of that stretch was posted no parking some time ago.

Go south on 19 out of St. Michael and take a left on river rd(?) ........there is a "newer" county park with access to a little area on the west side, but on low flow times on the middle/ northern area of the park you can walk accross into a miles of extemely lightly fished shoreline in crow hassen's park. As Mr. Special points out....hit up those bends or fallen timber areas and you will find some fish.