• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Please dispose of your fish bow fisherman

Once I made a group of fisherman to release all bullhead back in water they left on ground flopping. I don't care if they are ugly or steal your bait al the time, its illegal to wanton waste them. Game fish or rough fish. I treat them equally.

For every one person who does the wrong thing; there are hundreds if not thousands who do the right thing......

I am not sure who or what is driving the media on this.. and ultimately the lemmings who follow them.... but one thing is for sure....

No mater what activity, sport or whatever... if you concentrate on the negative anything could be perceived as bad enough to ban....

I am personally sick of always hearing about the bad 1% out there.... lets hear about the good 99%.

This don't mean the 1% dont need to cleanup their act... it just means lets report the bad guys (the 1% that do dump fish not the 99% who dont), hold THEM accountable, even ban that 1% from fishing (if they can't do it responsibility)... but lets stop the witch hunt that calls for the banning of everyone based on the transgressions of the few... that mentality does no one any good and yet it is soooo prevalent in todays society.

In the end you can look at this "problem" however you choose.... I will choose to focus on the 99% who do good, and if I see one of the 1% out there disrespecting the resource... I will snap pictures and video with my cell phone and hand that evidence over to the authorities to make sure the THEY (the 1%) are dealt with appropriately and the 99% can continue to enjoy their sport.

We owe it to all sportsmen to have that same attitude.

Just my 2 sense. .... 2c

-Merk

Hate to say it, but I have a feeling it's a bit more the 1% that are causing the problem on this one Merk. I've talked to Brian P about it and a relative who's a CO and it's becoming more and more common. I don't want to see it banned, if for no other reason then it's good for the lakes, but it's an increasing problem. The CO I talked to said that "fish dumps" were taking up more time then any other complaint this year. This increase in frequency is more then likely the driver for the increased media attention.

We need to pound the drum of responsible management and fish disposal as well as put some teeth in the consequences if you don't. Otherwise if these people keep being pigs and ruin it for everyone else.

Hate to say it, but I have a feeling it's a bit more the 1% that are causing the problem on this one Merk. I've talked to Brian P about it and a relative who's a CO and it's becoming more and more common. I don't want to see it banned, if for no other reason then it's good for the lakes, but it's an increasing problem. The CO I talked to said that "fish dumps" were taking up more time then any other complaint this year. This increase in frequency is more then likely the driver for the increased media attention.

We need to pound the drum of responsible management and fish disposal as well as put some teeth in the consequences if you don't. Otherwise if these people keep being pigs and ruin it for everyone else.

Good luck out there kellett....

-Merk