• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Name that bird!!

Gatores

So I thought at first this was a young robin but don't think it is because of the wings and the size. It is about the size of a finch. It has been feeding off the nectar feeders not the seed feeders.

Can anyone help me out?

full-3288-33485-unknownbird.png

I have quite a few of them. Every day I see a new bird. I am sure the Turtle River in my back yard has something to do with that. So my first Indigo bunting today too. My husband (Gatores- I am using his screen name)saw it first and that it was pretty cool!

Well everyone knows that the bird is a word, a word, a word, the bird is a word,well dont you know about the bird a Ba ba ba umm mow mow a ba ba umm mow mow.well dont you know the bird is a word,every ones talkin about the bird AH Hahaha take it from there oldsters!

This must be the year of the orchard oriole. I saw my first one ever about two weeks ago thurs on a visit to NW Iowa where my mother lives. She can't remember ever seeing one before either and she has been feeding Baltimore orioles for years. We almost missed it, too, since it was the dozens of goldfinches working over her thistle and safflower feeders that were the big draw. I lost count at over 2 dozen males at one time on one of her trios of thistle feeders. Mom has goldfinches around all year, but there must have been flocks passing through that day. The numbers went back to normal the next day.