• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minn Kota PD V2 Toast?

Took the boat out early this am and my trolling motor is nonfunctioning. It worked last week, now I can only turn, use AutoPilot, use foot pedal and co-pilot but can not get the prop to run. It is a 70lb PowerDrive V2 with US2/Autopilot/Copilot. I pulled the power and let it sit awhile, bypassed copilot and still same issue-all functions but prop speed. when you try and activate it it does click but nothing more. Is it toast?

Are you sure your batteries are good ..... it sounds a lot like the symptoms you get with bad batteries. Your batteries might read 12 volts but you need to have them load tested to make sure they're supplying power when there's a continuous draw on them. What you described about the motor turning but the prop not spinning sounds a lot like a battery problem. Good luck getting it figured out.