• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yes I saw one in the field!! NO you don't want it!

Last fall I hunted with a guy that had a brand new Stoeger. He was pretty pumped and proud to say it was a "Russian" gun smile.gif .

Anyways, the gun simply did not cycle. He would shoot, then sit up with his pocket knife and pry his spent shell out. He was soooo POed.

Maybe that was a fluke, but I have my opinion formed for that gun.

Sounds like a fluke to me. I know two guys who have this gun and they love them. No problems so far. Personally I thought they were a bit clunky and they didn't fit me well.

Borch

I have a Stoeger SXS (Uplander) in 16 ga. I've put countless shells thru it and never had a problem. I know it's not the same model, but it is a good gun for the money.

I know it's not like Browning or Ruger, but for my needs it's great.

The thing that sold me on it was the way it fit me better than high end side by sides, it does kick a little more than I expected, but it's more fun for me to shoot than my 12 ga.

I believe mine says Brazil on it, not Russia. Maybe different models are made in different places.

Rost-

I'm curious to know if your buddy was shooting the model 2000. That is the model that has adapted Benelli's technology. When you look at Stoeger's HSOforum they even say they use Benelli's technology.

Sully

Rost,
No offense to your friend, but he deserves to be shooting a single shot if he hasn't shot the gun in the off season. In the field is no place to iron out equiptment issues, especially one that critical.

Personally, I test everything of critical importance (firearm, boat, waders, etc.) before the season. This includes shooting the duck tower and sporting clays.

PJ

[This message has been edited by Perch Jerker (edited 08-27-2004).]

No Offense taken, he was not my friend. (My buddy's dad brought him.)
I have no clue what model the guy was shooting. All I know is that it did not work. Like I said, I may have been a fluke.

Irish, if you buy one let us know how it works.

$399.99 or $459.99

Those are the prices for Stoeger 2000's at
H & H Sport Shop in Maple Lake. $399.99 for the black synthetic or $459.99 for the Max4 camo.

Stoeger can say they use Benelli's technology on their HSOforum because Benelli owns Stoeger
PS, tell they guys their that you saw this posting.