• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Guide Location Chart

Do any of you use this chart that Mud Hole has for the guide locations on a rod? apparently it is suppose to show where to place the guides on a rod according to it's flex. wondering how accurate it is or if it's worth using...

Hi Jon, the guide spacing charts that the manufacturers supply can be a good place to start but static placement is the best way to go. Here's a link that explains it better than I can.

[Note from admin: Your post has been edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

You'll need to remove the dash between the word "rod-building" for the link to work.

Thanks for the tip Chad, I'll put that to practice on my next rods! I'll more then likely use the orthedontic ruber bands to keep my guides in place, they will be much easier to move up and down that way.

I do what Jon mentioned, the small orthodontic ligature bands work the best for me. They let you move the guides around without having to worry sticking and unsticking tape. Do a search on that famous auction site for orthodontic ligature. You can get a ton of them for only a few bucks.