• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lights

mattrd

I'm thinking of adding some lights to the interior of my boat for night/low light fishing. What are some of the things that people are you using? Obviously I'm trying to keep this inexpensive, but just looking to see what some of you are using out there. I have a 16ft aluminum boat, single console. Just want to make it a little more of night friendly fishing boat.

led strip lights...I am taking the ones I have in my ice house and putting them in the boat to lay out and clip on the battery...it won't be a permanant solution but it will be easy and cheap...the lights I have were $42 for like 120 leds

if I get into more night fishing I may do the same later on, been checking on this, personally would not recommend anything permanent, there are enuff things out there these days that are aaa/aa battery operated or with clips to connect to vex battery and just hand with a removable clip, zip tie, etc. the LED batteries sold on this site are a way to go and you can pretty much find something that would work for u like under the counter lights wether in a strip or single rounds ones spaced out. and if you look in boat/marine section somewhere plan on paying more.

I put a pair of the 6foot LED rope lights in my boat a few years back.I bought them at the C store in Owatonna and paid $15 a piece for them. Very easy to hook up and mount. They work perfect for what I was looking for.

I wanted low light in my boat, so I bough a 3 pack of those round "dome style" push-to-light lights. (The bigger onee, they're 5" across, use regular flashlight type bulb) Nice, soft light. I put velcro on the back and in a few spots in my boat to mount them.

Nice boat Truth, I have the same lights in my 14' but I went with white. I had bought 16' strips and rigged them with alligator clips for ice fishing but decided they would be good in my boat. Waterproof and sticky back they work great. I just put a four foot section on the front of my benches and they light it up nicely.