• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

travel conditions

Planning to come out to devils lake next weekend but its going to depend on the travel conditions on the lake. I know they are going to change with this weekend's storm, but any update on travel conditions would be appreciated! Thanks

I'm in the same boat, suppose to leave on march 10th for a week of fishing out there. Was hoping for it to thaw so A guy could get around on four wheelers, but now sounds like they got dumped on with snow, thinking about postponing my trip a week.

I saw a report from a Devil's Lake guide on another HSOforum. From that report it sounds like off trail travel is not happening now unless you have something with tracks. You also need an auger extension.

Just a guess, but since fish houses cannot be left on the ice overnight, there might not be a lot of roads getting plowed.

I am just relaying info and giving a heads-up to anyone that might be going that way.

Was out there for a 9 days and if you dont have tracks dont think about it, some places snow is knee deep and deeper. An extension is a must almost with all the snow and ice. Also in some spots water coming up under the snow. Got stuck couple time in slush with snowmobiles. Also a cover for your pull behind portable houses.

No didnt get up to irving,may be next year, we got shut down one day with the storm, and couple days we couldnt get where we wanted with the wind and blowing snow. Last two days of our trip we did the best with 3 of us around 100 jumbo 12-14" perch 15 walleye and 15 northern. Sure was a change from last year, crazy But you give it a week or too its gonna be awesome fishing. Lots of big perch all over, need steady weather once then look out. Good luck any one going out, Im done till december again.