• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

arctic cat stator

nitro640

who has had an arctic cat stator fail? how did it go? I have an 06 crossfire that i've had an issue with for a few years, sometimes when going really slow, almost an idle picking my way through the trees give it gas and it acts like you hit the kill switch, let off and it catches itself and runs fine, disconnected the throttle safety switch and it still does it, it is in the shop and dealer says probably stator, but the other 99 percent of the time it runs fine

thanks

HMMMM, lost my share of stators in the past, usually when they fail, it's all over, dead sled. I did have one that would wait until it warmed up, then it would slowly miss, backfire, run out of power and die, took about 20 minutes or so from warming the sled up til it died.

Have you checked for bare / pinched wires? or a short of some sort?

On our older Mtn sleds we use to disconnect the kill switch. My buddy did this one year when we went to Colorado. Long story short...... he ended up having troubles like you describe, we had a dickens of a time figuring it out in the Mtns so we towed it back to the parking lot and loaded it up. Brought it back to town and did some trouble shooting, we figured it was a fuel pump so we ordered one up.... we were in the process of loading the sled ( we had it running but it would miss ) and I grabbed a ski to help load the sled, I pulled the ski one direction and the sled died. Just like that, the same thought hit us both....... the plug we pulled apart to disable the kill switch was grounding out on the steering post. Put it back together and we were off and running...... ran like a top for the rest of the trip.

Ok, so that wasn't a real short story but maybe it might give you an idea on something to look for.

Mike

thanks mike, haven't checked wires yet, will be picking it up tomorrow, shop said $1000 parts and labor to replace stator, it doesn't do it all the time, just at the worst time, like when you have both feet on one side to carve around something.

I too owned a AC with major stator issues and I can say that stators only fail when they get warm and like MN Mike stated when they go, they're DEAD, done until they sit for along time and cool back down. I really think that you have a fuel pump issue and if they do replace the stator ask them what the Ohms reading was before they replaced it.... winkwhistle Because the only way to tell is with a Ohms reading and they should give you the old one back, again I'm almost 99% sure it's not the stator from my past experience that's just my 2c

MR

I didn't have it done, they tested it and said it tested out of spec, but they rode it and agree it runs fine, they did give me a list of sleds that take the same one so I can look for a used one if need be, I'm just going to keep riding it, just wont ride alone anymore

thanks guys, later