• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sonar/gps

eyedr

I am just curious what you guys feel would be a good baseline sonar/gps unit? Right now my boat has a lowrance x-125 and I would like to upgrade to a unit that has gps in it. I really just need it to mark fish and have an accurate gps.

If you want to stick with Lowrance brand the Elite 5 is a nice basic unit. Humminbird 788 is also good in the bird line. Not up to date on the 500 series Humminbirds, but they look ok, but the screen is smaller.

I have the 798si bird and love it.

I'm sure somebody else (Perchjerker) would be able to give more info.

I did some looking into the Humminbirds last Fall and from what I could gather the 500 and 700 series are the same size and basically the same function with respect to the sonar and GPS. The difference is that the 700 series is networkable and has some additional menu features.

Also, if you are looking at side imaging or down imaging you cannot use a "shoot thu the hull" transducer if that is important to you.