• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to look for used bows

besmith

Can anyone give me some pointers on where to look for used bows? I'm new to archery, looking for my first bow. I just passed on buying one from a friend because the bow wasn't a good fit. My wallet's a little too empty for a brand new setup, but I don't want to get ripped off on an used one either. So, I'm looking for a few places to look for options, hopefully a few places where I can shoot a few arrows before I decide to buy. Any feedback would be appreciated.

There's several shops around town you could check out: Bwana's in Little Canada. High 5 in Stillwater, A-1 (my favorite) in Hudson, ever Gander Mtn in Forest Lake has a pretty good archery dept. I'm sure there's many others.

Most will have some used stuff. Even if they don't, they can at least let you know what your draw length is and have a pretty good idea of what poundage you can handle, then you could look on the interweb at some of the other "for sale" sites and find something that you know should fit you, although probably everyone on here will tell you not to buy anything that you can't see and shoot first.

Good luck!

Go to a pro shop that is close by. And do you have a friend that shoots already? Stay away from the big box stores. And go to couple of shops and see what is out there.And shoot alot of bows becuase what i like and what u like is couple of diffent bows. There is a couple of low priced bows out there that you can get for brand new. Like diamond is a good bow so is mission butshoot all of them then decide what you want to get.

If you have an archery club in your area become a member. Best thing I did for my bowhuntering. Good deals from members that want to have the latest technology. Also great place to learn, meet friends, find guys to go on big trips with, find fishing and hunting spots.

figure out sizing of what you need then figure out the bow you want, then go to hso_archery_forum dot

Thats funny,I didn't write that, I wrote go to another archery site, that is national and has a classified with hundreds of bows for sale by owner.