• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

97 XCR SP help

kb1965

Picked up a 97 xcr, with the case reed triple, this summer. Finally took it for a spin and can't figure it out. Would run like a champ for the first mile or two. Than it would shut down like fouling out a plug. Let the machine cool down and it runs great again. Leave it idle for 20 minutes, run it a mile, same thing. Any help on what to check?

Thanks

Kb I really hate to inform you but this sounds just like my (former) AC and it was a stator. If it is a stator take it right to someone with stator experience as stators can give you problems so bad that it will make you want sell your sled. Sorry if I sound paranoid but electrical issues can be a major pain. Good luck with your sled.

MR

Picked up a 97 xcr, with the case reed triple, this summer. Finally took it for a spin and can't figure it out. Would run like a champ for the first mile or two. Than it would shut down like fouling out a plug. Let the machine cool down and it runs great again. Leave it idle for 20 minutes, run it a mile, same thing. Any help on what to check?

Thanks

I think you may want to still do a compression check on it soon. It sounds like one of your pistons is going out. frown

I actually just helped someone with the same issue and it was a stator . If you can get your hands on a manual that tells you the ohms you can use an ohm meter to check it. Pretty easy actually to check, stators like to act up when they get warm from heat. It will run right till warm/hot then sh!t out like it has no power almost like its got no gas or fouled plug.

I actually just helped someone with the same issue and it was a stator . If you can get your hands on a manual that tells you the ohms you can use an ohm meter to check it. Pretty easy actually to check, stators like to act up when they get warm from heat. It will run right till warm/hot then sh!t out like it has no power almost like its got no gas or fouled plug.

+1

What he said.

MR