• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

St Croix Flippin Stick

UofMBASS

Hey everybody,

So I went ahead and ordered a 7'10" St Croix Avid Heavy/mod-fast action for flippin. I've played with it at Joe's a couple times and I really like the action of this rod (and the avid series in general).

My question is: Does anybody own this rod? And if so, how do you like it? My coworker owns one and seems to love it, just looking for more reviews since I could not find any via google search.

I know the rod is slightly on the heavy side, but I plan on sticking a slightly heavier reel on it to balance the weight evenly across the setup.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

I do not own this particular rod. But own 10+ St. Croix's and I like them all. You really can't go wrong with the Avid series. My flipping stick is in the Mojo Bass line and it is pretty heavy (I'm sure the Avid is lighter than mine) compared to most flipping sticks and I still really like it.

Uofmbass. Check out st croixs HSOforum. There running a deal if you spend a couple hundred before the 31st you get a free rage series rod,which is same blank as the avid just different components. You dont have to spend the money at the same time. And with the avid cost I think your only 40-50$ away from meeting the requirements. Good way to get a free rod

return the rod man, through the 24th at gander mountain exclusively, i just picked up an avid rod with $30 rebate triumph rod with $15 rebate and that qualified me for a free freakin rage rod a $150 value. late notice but go check it out definetaly worth it. pretty bad reviews on rage rod but man went to store and checked it out and imo think its a really nice rod. more geared for bass but worse case scenario u sell one rod to get a nice reel for the other.

You dont have to return the rod. The two rods don't have to be purchased at the same time. Just within the confines of the promotion. I have a 6'8" medium xtra fast st croix rage. Its worth every penny. Some may not like the non cork grip but it grew on me.

If you bought them at gander mountain yes don t return them, you can go to their HSOforum and print off rebate, but if you didn't buy them between the 20-24th it's not valid. $30 rebate is sweet enough reason to purchase and return the other to me. The guys at store didn't even know what was going on bc it really is a short time deal. That's good to hear mmw24 bc that is the rod I'm gonna get free and in store I almost liked that rod better than the avid. The new handle is kick butt to me but we will see once the weather warms up, winter is a huge bummer to those who don't like the ice fishing thing.