• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

strikemaster,honda 4-stroke

alski

I have gone through 3 of the plastic bits on my strile lite in 6 years but that 4 stroke never has faltered even a little. Literally thousands of holes and never once having to mix gas. Sign me up for a honda when this one dies in 10 or 20 years.
I'll bet its taken you alot longer to change oil in your fourstroke then it has me to dump a few ounces of oil in a gas can.

I'll bet its taken you alot longer to change oil in your fourstroke then it has me to dump a few ounces of oil in a gas can.

It takes me all of 30 seconds to change the oil in my 4-stroke. Take the cap off, tip it upside down until the oil is out of it, add a bottle of pre-measured strikemaster 4 stoke oil and I am done. Not to mention this is only suggested once a year, where mixing has to be done every time you run out of gas.

To me oil is a non issue. Oil has to be changed in a 4 stroke, and it has to be mixed in the gas in a 2 stroke. I fill a 3 gallon can and use my ratio rite to mix it to 40:1 with synthetic oil. 3 gallons usually last me more than a year, I run it in my 1994 ford explorer at the end of the season like my boat gas. My truck should not be moving with how I treat it, but it does not foul plugs or break. My thought (only mine apparently) is that I want my auger to last forever, and if it does break, I want to fix it. I don't bring my things to the shop, and from previous experience, 4 strokes are a total pain in the a$$ if ANYTHING goes wrong. I can fix a blown up 2 stroke with emery cloth and a new set of rings. If you blow a valve in a 4 stroke, you possibly (not for certain) have both valves go bad, scored piston/cylinder, bent rod, timing issues, etc. I'm not saying they are bad, I'm saying with how efficient the 2 stroke engines are in terms of power, why risk your $500 investment just because you don't like the smell of 2 stroke. It is a delicious smell by the way.