• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hummminbird 597CI

Agronomist_at_IA

I've done it with my 597. Works pretty well. The flasher mode has different color schemes (background and flasher/graph colors). The only downside I would warn about is that it doesn't always play well with others. I had trouble getting rid of interference on it when I was around other flashers.

Otherwise, once you get used to it (you have to make sure you go into the menu and set it to "ice fishing" mode, etc) it works as well as any flasher...including variable zoom.

I've done it with my 597. Works pretty well. The flasher mode has different color schemes (background and flasher/graph colors). The only downside I would warn about is that it doesn't always play well with others. I had trouble getting rid of interference on it when I was around other flashers.

Otherwise, once you get used to it (you have to make sure you go into the menu and set it to "ice fishing" mode, etc) it works as well as any flasher...including variable zoom.

Last year at upper red, my buddy had a 345 humming bird and it was fine with my showdown and FL-20. It was kinda funny he bought that ice unit so he could use it on a boat that he wanted to get. Then he got the boat went out and bought the 597 for it. He was going to get an ICE 55 and I talked him into getting a GPS lake map chip for the 597 and ice kit. Purely out of the intent that we needed the chip for summer fishing, but thought it would be handy for gps marking spots for ice fishing. Figured I was a good friend and saved him $250 that way.

I took my 898 from my boat out this past weekend. It was absolutely awsome! I put my fl20 down the same hole and later my buds lx-3 and Zero issues! The options to change views and use color gps was sweet. I bought a 9amp 12vt battery for it and it lasted all day. I mounted it on my old vex box. So sweet. My buddies are now looking into some new purchases...

You have to buy the ice ducer and ice pack which it has a quick attach mount for it. My bud went on amazon and got the ducer, stand/carry kit with battery for under $200 hard to beat IMO

thats exactly what i did for my 597.....love having a 2nd unit for on the ice that works perfect on the boat as well, one of the best fish equip decisions i have ever made, also took wife out on boat for first time this year in dark and she absolutely loved the gps aspect of it with lake chip (she actually swallowed her pride told me nice job on the purchase). i think it is one of the best (if not the best) mid range finders on the market today without spending $$$$$$$$ with all the latest bells & whistles

I'm on the very edge of purchasing the 597CI. What can anyone say positive or negative about the 20/60 degree dual beam 'ducer? Thats the only thing that makes me unsure if I want this unit. Why do you suppose Humminbird designed the 597CI with that transducer?