• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bagger or lawn Vac?

DRH1175

I have a John Deere x320. I want to buy a bagger or vac system for it. The John Deere bagger system is right at $900. Or I can get a Cyclone Rake for around $1500 I will be bagging grass in summer and some leaves in the fall. I like the idea of the Cyclone rake so I don't have to empty as often and looks to be quite clog free. However it would use more gas because of the seperate Engine? Anyone one have a recomendation for me?

There is also a commercial vacuum/bagging system called Trac Vac. It is the same concept as the Cyclone Rake. You should be able to get it for $15-1800 fit for your machine. These come with commercial motors and parts.

If your going to spend that much, you might as well get commercial quality as well.

How many trees do you have in the yard? I've got a JD 345 with a JD Powerflo and cart. I couldn't go any bigger because of trees or tighter areas.

Usually the fall for me isn't too bad, the leaves bust up pretty good but the spring I can empty that cart many times before I get done with the yard. I usually run a thatcher at the same time.

Mike

I have a JD345 came with a power flow that I needed for leaf bagging I got tired of dumping often so I bot a used JR vac bager . That is slick machine something like 10 bags mulch to 1 bag again it has its on motor so the increase in fuel but I wouldn't go back to origanl bager saves me alot of time dumping leaves.

BOX CAR

My trees are spread out. Nothing real tight. I had a bagger on my last mower. I liked it, however hated to empty every couple passes. I also figured that a vac would do a better job at mulching the debris and have more suction. Is the trac vac hooked to the mower or a trailer? I really don't want a trailer system. The Cyclone Rake uses Vanguard commercial engines, and folds away when not in use.

Is the trac vac hooked to the mower or a trailer? I really don't want a trailer system. The Cyclone Rake uses Vanguard commercial engines, and folds away when not in use.

They have different styles...pull behind our 3 point hitch if you have the garden tractor.

Example.

full-17729-27349-662_2.jpg

If I had to have a rig as big as that for my lawn I would give an awful lot of thought to a native planting to cut back on how much needed mowing. It is a slick looking rig and I'm sure it gets the job done. For me I would rather cut less and enjoy some prairie plants and all that having them around brings.

I have a JD GX255 and I decided against the bagger since I was already in over budget at the time and the bag system was another $1600 then. My neighbor has a yard sweeper that I've used several times and worked ok. Downside is you only get the clippings that are resting on top of the grass.

I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet but I'm looking at upgrading to the 1026R by spring at the latest and might include a bag system for that.

I just bought an X320 last spring with the JD power flow bagger on it. With the blower on the bagger it packs the grass in the bags pretty tightly and the bags don't need to be emptied very often. It also chops the heck out of leaves in the fall. A craftsman mower with a regular bagger on it had to dump 4 to my 1. I've never owned a vac but I am very satisfied with the JD power flow bagger.