• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is my favorite lake froze up?

Can anyone tell me what lakes are frozen in the Wilmar area. I plan on doing lots of hunting this weekend and I hope that everything is still open. Anyone know for sure....Calhoun? Mud?

Have a good Thanksgiving,
E.W.

Well EW,
I'll post when I get back tomorrow. My guess is that everything is still wide open. The water temps were in the mid to upper 50's on Sunday and it got even warmer out on Monday, so it would take more than one night in the teens to lock em up. Another thing in our favor is that it never did get calm on the last couple of cold nights.
If you are heading out from the public access on Mud, you might have to break some ice out to the lake, but I'm sure it did not completely freeze over.
>"////=<

Hey all,
NOT A SHRED OF ICE!!
Everything should stay open till the season closes.
P.S. There are a TON of ducks around. Mallards, Pintails, Widgeon and Gadwall.
Good shooting this weekend, I'll be thinking of you all while I'm at work frown.gif
But that's what Monday and Tuesday are for... It'll be my turn to hunt while YOUR at work!...hehehehe!
>"////=<

Hey Duck,
Was in the cities the last few days for turkey day and forgot my cell phone with your #'s on it, otherwise I would have called you.
I work Sat and Sunday till 2, and plan on hunting Monday and Tuesday Morning(have class at 2 on Tues) I'll try calling you this weekend. Would like to get a couple more guns and hunt lake X one more time. What do ya think?
>"////=<