• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Elite Hunter ground blind by Clam

Has anyone bought or had an opportunity to check this blind out first hand?

It appears to be very well made and well thought out. The most appealing thing to me is the thermal lining for cold weather hunting. Unless mistaken this is the first blind that has crossed over from the thermal fish house concept giving cold weather hunters a warmer more comfortable shelter.

I have used a few blinds on cold days and in each case comfort was lacking even with a sun flower heater.

Any thoughts on Clams new offering ? Google up the title for a you tube video.

WS

Jeff 13--you're not going to believe this, but when I saw your post earlier this week, I had to make the move. I first read about the Clam in Dakota Country magazine, and it got good reviews. I have three pieces of junk, including the Primos blind I bought on sale a few years ago from the Big C. I returned the first one when the zipper split and this one did the same thing within a year. I took my medicine.

It came 2 days after I ordered it.

I set the blind up earlier this evening in the basement--it was recommended in the instructions to do it a few times before taking it out into the field. I liked the fact that it came with a good-sized carry bag. The Primos blind never went back into the bag after the first season. It was a wrestling match I wasn't going to win.

The material on the Clam is impressive. The quilted fabric has to make this blind warmer than anything I've ever used. The thing that stood out for me was that the zipper was built into the wall FACE and not in the corner of the blind. That feature alone makes this blind a big hit with me already.

I did notice that the top of the blind is a lot tougher to pop up than I expected. Rather than stand on the wall flap, it makes sense to turn the blind on its side and pull the top open from the side. The walls popped into place easily and the structure frame is well constructed. The flaps on the base of the walls allow for a good "seal" and scent control. I was hoping for some snow this month to give it a whirl. Even without snow, the blind will sit on the ground nicely.

I didn't spend much time with the window configurations--I've got to have something do after I set it up outside. But it is VERY roomy. This is going to be a great blind to get my daughter out into later this month. She's "curious" and has a boyfriend who hunts, so this will give her an opportunity to sit comfortably, read her book and, hopefully, get an "up close and personal" encounter with a whitetail at ground level.

If I get a shot, even better.

I'll give a little review later this month on how it went in the field. I'd be hard pressed to believe that I won't be completely satisfied.

smile