• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BEST OPENER EVER!!!!!!!! Our group of 12 hunters bagged a total of 42 ducks and 1 goose. Got 2 banded ducks, one band off a drake woodie and one off a drake mallard. Had a great time and am looking forward to next weekend. Happy Huntin'!

For us Saturday was awful. Never fired a shot. Fair amount of ducks. But you could tell they had just got their tail feather burnt as they were very decoy and call shy. Had a couple guys next to us calling often and loud. Birds would do a 180 every time. We knew it was going to be tough when they were flaring away from the real ducks sitting on the water. Sunday was better. Still pretty decoy shy but we managed 3 teal, 1 mallard and should have had a few more and some geese. It only gets better from here. Late season is always more productive for us anyways.

Best of Luck!

Best opener for me too in northern MN. I have never seen my wife's eyes bug out like they did when it was 10 minutes to noon and we had several flocks of 20-50 birds fly over our deks and blind. It was amazing.

Our group of six, hunted SW Minn. and bagged 30 ducks and two Honkers. Not the best opener but much better than the last several. I noticed one group using a Robo duck decoy in their spread and was very impressed how it would draw the ducks in.