• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

License Question

vexilareye

Hey everyone,

This may be a dumb question but just want some clarification.

I shot a deer with my bow a couple weeks ago but now I want to be able to sit in the deer stand with my girlfriend while she rifle hunts. Do I need to have a license to do this? I can only tag the one deer between the two areas. They get checked frequently and want to make sure that I am not doing anything wrong. I scanned the rule book and didnt find anything on this, but could have missed it. I will not be carrying anything but binocs.

Thanks,

Vex

"A person may not take or tag deer without the appropriate license or permit. The term “take” includes attempting to take deer, and driving, spotting, or otherwise assisting another person in taking deer."

p.66

I'd email the DNR, but I think that any conservation officer would have a hard time trying to say that you need to spend more money if you want to hang out with your girl in the woods while she shoots a deer.

Unfortunately, I know of at least one dnr officer who would assume you were trying to hunt using your girlfriends tag. Buy a license, better to be safe than sorry. Remember that the tag needs to be purchased 48 hours before its valid because we are in season. It kind of sucks, but for $27 it could prevent a whole lot of problems.

No that isn't true, you do not need a license to help drag a deer out. You are no longer hunting at that point. You're just hauling out a dead critter. Those farmers that haul the guy's moose out for them with their tractors do not have licenses & it's perfectly acceptable.

I wouldn't buy a dead gun license to sit in a stand with somebody when I'm not carrying a weapon. I think any warden that would ticket you for that is out of line. They want to encourage more people to hunt & get more women to hunt, that would be asinine.