• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

wad question for muzzy loader

I shoot shockwaves TC an wen done hunting I take the breech plug out an push the bullet an wad out. Was wonderering can u use the same wad again wen loading the gun as it has rifleing scars an reloading the with the same one will make new rifleing scares, would this possibly hurt the wad seal on the powder

Boar,

Try it for yourself. Or call the manufacturer. We have found no problem reusing unfired projectiles/sabots with the ones we use, but do just use them for practice rounds. No difference in accuracy. However when it comes to meat on the table, get real fussy about taking no chances and usually use new.

Now if you are picking them up off the ground after shooting them and reusing them, you are more of a "waste not, want not" than me. grin

lakevet

Boar,

Some of us use MMP sabots and Hornady xtp bullets to make our own projectiles. MMP makes sabots for a lot of the manufacturers. And Hornady makes alot of the bullets used in the sabots. Cheaper cause you can buy in bulk from the actual manufacturer and just as effective if your gun likes that. We shoot round ball, the above combo and powerbelts. Just depends on what the individual gun likes.

lakevet

p.s. I believe something like 90% of the sabots out there are made by Del Ramsey at his company MMP.