• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rivers Edge & Summit Recall Treestands

DonBo

Rivers’ Edge brand manufactured in Cumberland, WI Summit, manufactured in Alabama are experiencing failing attachment systems and are dropping to the ground.

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/13511523984uaeby80w4g

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1351152502xqzzysy552y

I absolutely will not climb in a stand that has two small cables holding me up. I hate heights the way it is, I can just see the cables breaking every time I look at one of the those. Thanks for posting the information though. I'm a ladder stand guy, I have put enough of those up that I can do it in my sleep in under 20 minutes if I have the right tree.

it's not the fall that hurts but

I completly condone a fall restraint system.

These tree stands issues are not the stand/platform/cables

The Hazard: The tree stand's hanging strap assembly could dislodge from the tree stand or fail to restrain or hold properly on the tree, posing a fall hazard.

or...

The Hazard: The snap-hook assemblies can fail, causing the tree stand and the user to fall to the ground.

My guess it's only a chinch type strap instead of ratcheting,

can anyone confirm?

Wow, I have several of these but not any 2012 models that are the subject of the recall. I will contact the company to replace them anyways. I always use a lifeline, I don't trust any stands when I am 20' up a tree

I always add a racthet strap to mine after I had a strap break a few years ago as I climbed in. Of course that stand was in that same tree for about 3 years. very scarey hanging upside down wondering if I would see my family again...

I always add a racthet strap to mine after I had a strap break a few years ago as I climbed in. Of course that stand was in that same tree for about 3 years. very scarey hanging upside down wondering if I would see my family again...

I agree, I just hunt a hang-on yesterday and I put two ratchet straps around it along with the chain. Ratchet straps are cheap, there's no reason not to add them for extra safety.

I have multiple River's Edge products but none from the time frame specified. They seem like a quality company so I hope this doesn't give them too much of a black eye.

it's not the fall that hurts but

I completly condone a fall restraint system.

These tree stands issues are not the stand/platform/cables

The Hazard: The tree stand's hanging strap assembly could dislodge from the tree stand or fail to restrain or hold properly on the tree, posing a fall hazard.

or...

The Hazard: The snap-hook assemblies can fail, causing the tree stand and the user to fall to the ground.

My guess it's only a chinch type strap instead of ratcheting,

can anyone confirm?

They are chinch. They have a hook that attaches to the stand. They can be a pain in the a** sometimes to get on or off. Looks like I need to re engineer my stands! crazy

I'm a ladder stand guy, I have put enough of those up that I can do it in my sleep in under 20 minutes if I have the right tree.

I'm with you, Trigger. I'm too old to risk the chance of falling from a set stand. Most of them have such a small platform.

I know some of you guys love your climbers and the height you can achieve with them or your set stands, but I know that I will ever risk it again.

If you're using those stands, be sure to check the cables--near the ground while they are still on the tree. Please be safe.