• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Plastic Repair

flipper

I have a small (4 inch) crack in the plastic cowling just below the hood on a Polaris 550 SS. Does anyone have any ideas on how to repair this or at least stop it from getting any longer? Any and all useful tips would be appreciated.
Thank you

Loose goose is right. MOst body shops plastic weld. but remove the cowl from the sled. If they just weld it from the back the crack will still be there but it won't spread any more. You could go with the stop drill method. But I've had then start to crack in a different direction from the end of the first crack. depending on where your located in minnesota, I know Tousley Motorsports has a plastic welder. I would love to get one, but they're about 150-165 through MAC or Matco tool companies.