• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Skunk in town. Lots more stuff coming in due to drought.

Keep your Hunting dog's safe as well as your family.

Our Animal Control Admin. told me only 10% of dogs and cats

in Webster County are vaccinated.

Here is some expert information I received.

Rabies is possible in all fur bearing mammals. And can be

contracted through touch as well a bites. A lick on an open wound

can result in contracting rabies.

Been hammering Skunks in record numbers they just keep coming, our cats have never been so afraid. Plus bonus coyotes ripped through the yard last night and grabbed a goose I had just cleaned roughly 10 feet from our front door, didn't get him though,yet. Tons of coons,possums,skunks. Time to thin them out.

On the skunk hunt tonight, perfect weather if the rain holds off some, got for sure 2 more to get which will put me at 11 for the month, previous monthly record was 7. I never put 2 and 2 together last night but the great horned owl sitting on our house/roof, they are a major threat I read to skunks, he showed up a minute after the skunks got in our yard, I didn't know they killed skunks etc. He must be bad at it lol or maybe good and has saved me quite a few shells.

I've not seen this many road killed skunks... EVER! Coons yes, but never this many skunks!

Took my first lil' stinker of the year, recently with a locked and loaded Lund Pro V! I was on my way to "The Pond" and about 0300hrs, just passing Milaca Junction, and there it was! Right in line with my tires. A quick swerve was NOT enough. Thinking I had missed the skunk, with wheels on both sides, for only a split second. Unfortunately, I had left my trailer tongue wheel locked in the vertical, position. Although I had the wheel cranked up, it was not far enough as the wheel was the weapon that did the dirty work.

Needless to say, my trailer was a MESS and the hull of the boat was, shall we say, a bit aromatic? AND... I found out just how effective the splash rails are on the Lund IPS2 hull! LOL!!

Skunks have been a problem up here also. I do the animal control work for the township and ag operations, I have had nothing but nonstop skunk calls. Of course this time of the year those little buggers really get active before bed time.

Some trap skunks for the pelt and the scent glands, they are actaully used in multiple products.

They didn't seem to care for the wind last night, I saw some run through the yard, then 4AM my little girl woke me up so I thought I'd take a peek, 1 skunk at the bird feeder, 1 came running out of the cat hole into out of the barn so I grab the 12 gauge, my barely talking girl said skunk daddy PU lol so I push open the screen door and you bet not our cat(s) but pushed a skunk right off the front step, got that guy at really close range. So my October record is climbing with 2 to go yet.

Take a wild guess how things smell around my place, mercy, but thankful for the rain/snow showers. After the shot the other skunks just got out of range of me and the yardlight and 4 AM I wasn't fully awake in a sense and my little squirts last comment was skunk, no touch, no touch. PU it stink. Seemed like the wind was down some then also. It's weird some, it's dark by 6:30ish but these skunks don't seem to show themselves until 10PM or later.