• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vintage Polaris 1972s (2)

AJ

I have a his and hers set of 1972 Polaris sleds (250 and 175) that run. Any idea what these are worth and would they be tough to sell? I want to sell them and buy a new sled to replace them. Neither are in perfect shape, but they both run great. A good project for someone who likes to tinker. Comments?

I am interested in buying your sleds, I race old vintage sleds and need a couple polaris colt chassis for parts. Let me know if you still have them for sale If they have not been restored they probubly need a lot of work, being they are 30 some years old bearings and seals should be replaced. let me know what you would like to get out of them. Its hard saying what they are worth without looking at them.

Ah, I remember dreaming day and night of the time that I'd be able to afford a brand new TX 250, then the 175 came out for a little less dough. Sure glad I never bought any of those and waited for the TXL 340 to come out. I still see some of them in my neighborhood along with later TX 440s, some of which I'd brought back to life and modified in the past 20 years. Sometimes some of us get together and find old sleds that still run, have the owners give them to us for nothing, then get all giggly as we wrench on them for a day before racing for a small mountain top a ways from town. We wouldn't dream of riding our newer sleds there but reaching the destination with air cooled, short tracked sleds with no suspension brings back many memories. I applaud anyone who keeps them running.

Kevin

Thanks for the posts. I too take special pride in riding a vintage sled out on the lake and parking next to a several thousand dollar machine with my portable. I still have them but need to check with a friend to be certain he is not interested (probably not). So, drop me an email at [email protected] and we can discuss.