• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Extra Venison

amateurfishing

Does anyone out there ever like to take an extra if possible for someone else? My family would like to try it once. I have no problem re imbursing/ paying for ammo, license, etc. would like to put something in the freezer this winter for the family to try. my wife & i have have had it b4 and enjoyed it & our kids r very adventious eaters. dont know how anyone would like to handle butchering duties but i have no experience & would prefer to have it all done if possible.

I would have been glad to whack a deer for u but I simply did not get enough tags through the lotteries this year in 3 different states.

If I get the tags next year, I would be more than happy to supply you with a deer. For many years I have given away 1-2 deer per season to friends who do not hunt but like venison.

I've got some left over steaks and chops from last year's harvest. The wife and daughter aren't so big into those. I'd rather find a home for those than shoot you a deer.

possible but the reason i asked for this year is so i know there will not be any freezer burn issues....not concerned bout the cuts but would like to make chile, stews,etc to start off with and see how the family likes it from there b4 spending $$ on highter end cuts that may have more gamey flavor & need to be cooked rare to medium rare so not so dry. feel free to pm me if interested bout cost and quanity

first, you have to be part of a hunting party affield for someone to fill a tag for you. theres thousands of hunters every year that give their venison away, all you have to do is visit a buddy after deer season, and when you go to leave his house, he will offer you all the venison you can handle and his wife will offer you his bow, rifle and orange clothes ect because she is still pi$$ed he spent all that money going deer hunting.

If the meat was packaged properly such as a vacuum sealer, that meat is still good from last year. I have meat from 2010 that I just found in the bottom of the deep freeze that was still good. This is not a normal occurance, to have meat "get lost" in the freezer, but it happens.

Amateur, I knew what you meant and would be happy to give you some venison. My kids loved it too. I don't hunt until November with bow but will try to contact you after I get it all cut up and wrapped. Maybe I'll freeze it and send to you in a cheap styrofoam cooler with some frozen water bottles or something, unless someone loads you up sooner.