• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Front site on ML Q's

I lost the fiber optic on the front site of my TC omega an want to know if i can just buy a replacemnt fiber optic thingy an put it back in the housing or do i have to replace the front site.

You should be able to go to an archery shop and buy just the fiber. You can usually just buy it by the foot. I had the same thing happen. Just try to bring the old one or a piece to get the right size then just put it in, cut it, and melt the ends.

I have learned through out the years that a drop of super glue on the front end will prevent that from ever happening. I don't do it on the rear of the site as sometimes it can get cruddy, but on back towards the end of the barrel, you won't notice it at all.

I had the fiber on the front sight of my ML changed a couple years ago to a different color. I had no idea how to do it, so I had a gunsmith do it. The thing I never knew was that there are a lot of different diameters of fiber. You'll probably have to take the gun in to get the right size. Then it's a simple matter of cutting it to length (a little long) and melt both ends. If only I had known then how simple it is.