• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who else drew a wolf tag?

Now for the tough part - filling the tag! Plan on doing some calling and trapping - not sure if it would be a waste of time to try tracking in fresh snow? Also considered baiting but it sounds like no use of animal products - not sure what that leaves for options....

I didn't draw one, but my plan of attack was to get ahold of the local farmers that I would be hunting near. I know of 2 farmers that have been "seeing" wolves consistently on their land for past few years. Get a scouting report, ask for persmission and rock it. I'm pretty sure they'd pay me to shoot them, lol, but that would be how I would be approaching things for the hunt.

All I do know for sure, is if I'm calling these dogs in, i'll be taking part from the air. Had an episode up on some consolidated 2 years ago, where me and my buddy were calling for yotes and found ourselves surrounded by a pack of wolves. Was a pucker scale of 9.9, they are the greatest of hunters that we face and I'd rather hunt than be hunted. wink

Good Luck!!