• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help Me!!!!

Can anyone ou there help? I own a 2001 Polaris XCF SP snomobile with 800 mile on it. The darn thing only has a top speed of about 61 MPH on a packed road. It should go a lot faster than that; about 70-75. I already relpaced the main jets. Any Suggestions????? My e-mail is [email protected] Please help, ridin season coming up fast.

It could be allot of differant things, you need to be more specific. It could be geared down for more takeoff and out of the hole shots or your secondary clutch spring is to heavy and the belt wont pull down and ride up on the primary clutch. Lets see what else... your track could be to tight. Are you getting the RPM you want our is it boggy at top speed?????

it is not bogging down at top speed, it was out of the hole at one time and that is why I replaced the main jets. Someone else told me to check the gears and see if they are stock. I was just wondering if anyone else had any other suggestions. Aslo, I knw for a fact that the clutch spring is stock so I don't think that is the problem.

If you are getting top rpm out of it, but your not getting the speed its your gear. change your smaller gear to the next size up, which would have one or two more teeth on it. But if your getting lots of rpm at top speed you forsure are getting the ride up on the primary clutch. Forsure if i were you i would change to the next size gear if you want more speed. Sno cross racers may change to smaller gears to increase the lower end power and maybe this is what they did to yours.

hey, here is a quick tip to see if your clutches are working properley. take a magic marker and put a line fom the bottom of the clutch to the top(where the belt runs) do this on both clutches. then ride it for a while at all throttle positions. if there is marker left that hasn't been touched you have something wrong with it.

------------------
_ _ _________________ _ _
---<>< >')/////////><

Buy a bigger sled. LOL
You have one of the lowest horsepower sleds made today. They are made for sno-x racing. You prodably have a hell of a hole-shot. Your sled is clutched and geared for short quick runs. It is only about 65 HP so you are not going to get alot out of it. The clutching is probably your best bet. I had my wifes Helix changed on her Yamaha 600 XTC and it made a hell of a difference. You probably need to get a hold of a Polaris performance shop. Check in the back of one of the snowmobile mags.
Brian

The stock gears are fine don't change them! The sled should still get up to better speed with stock gears! Check your cluth you could have a cracked helix or a worn out belt. I know because My 800 would only do about 110 top speed when it used to do almost 125+. I took the clutch apart completly to clean it and when i when to pull the helix out it fell out in three big chunks. i popped a new one in and it rips again! word to the wise when pullin the springs out of the clutch make sure you mark which whole it came from. if not good luck on figureing it out!