• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Very Rewarding Day

DonBo

The Family Fun Shoot held it's 12th Annual event at the Dakota County Gun Club, near Rosemount, MN this weekend. It's an awesome day for the kids. They can shoot archery, pellet guns, .22's, shotguns, handguns, learn to cast flyrods, call waterfowl and turkeys, build a wood duck house, etc., etc. I've been part of this for several years now as a volunteer for the National Wild Turkey Federation.

This year the organization that has held the archery event backed out at the last minute. Time to step up. My archery club, Chilakoot Bowhunters (.org grin) has all the equipment and targets needed, so I said I'd handle it. A quick email to members got us enough good help that we were able to take on the 300 (300!!!!) kids that attended.

You can only imagine how rewarding this was. The look on these kids faces when you work with them long enough that they finally break that balloon, or put all their arrows in the bullseye makes a long day seem well worth while. Most of these kids have never released an arrow in their life.

Sometimes you gotta give back. Saturday was one of those days, and you can bet I'll be doing this again next year and hopefully every year for a very long time.

familyfunshoot.jpg