• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lead core

bopper4

I am going to start playing with leadcore and had a quick question. I know there are a ton of variables from speed to line diameter but just wanted an idea of where to start. I'm going to try the new suffix advanced which some say will dive 7 ft per color. Let's say I'm fishing 32 fow and have a 4-6 ft crank. Would I let out 4 colors to get to 28 and then my crank would dive the rest of the way? Long story short do u add the dive of your crank to the estimated depth of the line?

The new Sufix advanced is right around 7ft per color with the 18lb test, figure 5ft color @ 2.0mph with standard lead core and 7ft @ 2.0mph with the new Sufix advanced 18lb. Add lure dive-curve for the amount of tip line you use 20ft,30ft,50ft etc and you will be good to go. Good luck trolling!

The new Sufix advanced is right around 7ft per color with the 18lb test, figure 5ft color @ 2.0mph with standard lead core and 7ft @ 2.0mph with the new Sufix advanced 18lb. Add lure dive-curve for the amount of tip line you use 20ft,30ft,50ft etc and you will be good to go. Good luck trolling!

I'm about to strip my leadcore rods and put this on also. Buddy has it and says he can even see the vibration from the lure in the rod tip...That alone has me sold...Well, that and i don't need to put as many colors on the reel to get to the same depth!!

of course I just spooled 4 Abu Garcia 6500 line counters with the "C" brand 15lb leadcore...I was able to get 9 colors on the spool with 90 ft of backing and a 7ft flouro leader. I was interested in the Avanced 832 before it was available , but I think the diameter is bigger than the "C" 15lb and not sure if I would gain anything if I lost 2 colors because of diameter ...I'm new to leadcore use so I have been experimenting a little, I am getting 5ft with each color at 2mph.....do you know if the line diameter is the same for "C" 15 and Suffix 18?....is it worth the difference in price?

I've had my cabelas brand leadcore for two years with no wear. Used quite a bit. Color can fade, but i use line counter reels anyway.

Also, i don't know where your spending $30. But i picked up my 10 colors of leadcore from cabelas for under $15 i believe, and probably closer to $10. The new suffix is $30, but you could spool up two rods (Unless you use it to fish really deep water) because you need less colors as 1 color gets you two feed deeper. So IMO, its the same price and i get increased sensitivity from suffix as well as less line per food of depth.

Yes, I have 4 LC rigs, I put 5 colors each of the new suffix 832 on, if I changed every year I would be looking at $60, I guess I will just leave it on there and see how it look when next season rolls around, are there any tips out there to keep the line good? Would takeing if off and putting it on a larger diameter spool coffe can / water jug, make a difference? Line conditioner do anything help / hurt...Just looking to save a couple bucks. Thanks guys

When it starts to fade reverse or reel it on to another reel, my main set of trolling rods the lead core is 3 years old and has been reversed once... that line has some soak time on it and put 100's of fish in the boat.

Don't drag it on the bottom, or try to pull a snag free and the stuff will last a long, long time.