• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bluegill action has been great lately

Jim Uran

Here is a report from last nights action, there are also more similar reports in the Detroit Lakes area forums as well as the Bemidji Forums.... check them out.

Well it it isn't broke, don't try to fix it, as the saying goes. These waters have been gracious to us lately so we figured we will enjoy it as long as the fish are cooperating!

Laurie(lengbyprincess) Jewel, Jim Jr, and I decided to go hit our honey hole again and it sure didn't let us down. We got to the lake around 7:30 or so and fished until 9:30 in the same spots we did previously and it sure didn't let us down. All fish were released to be caught again another day smile

My son really put on a clinic last night, he was pulling in fish left and right at the back of the boat, and the average size was beyond respectable. Numerous fish in the 9"+ range!

Here are a few pics from the adventure!

Jewel always manages to catch the first fish smile

full-11084-22140-img_3249(683x1024).jpg

full-11084-22141-img_3268(683x1024).jpg

full-11084-22142-img_3302(1024x683).jpg

full-11084-22143-img_3256(1024x683).jpg

full-11084-22144-img_3315(1024x683).jpg

All the fish pictured were at least touching the 10" mark. If not a hair bigger, except the first pic with my daughter, it was the first fish, and a nice 8"er!! The last one looks like it was shot by a shotgun!

I agree 100% on the gill bite. Those are some dandy gills for sure.

In my area, it seems like I have been on an awesome gill bite since early spring and it has continued every since.

Hit the lake this am and it was nothing short of awesome for gills and eyes. Limited on both but just kept 2 eyes for supper.

Looks like Jewel has been having an awesome outing every trip. Good to see the kids enjoying the fishing.

The bigger sunfish and crappies have been going good in the St Cloud area too. Nice Pic's of the family with some big ol' gill's grin. Jim, you always seem to find the best looking fish in the bunch to get a close up of wink Thanks for sharing!

Over the years and all the fishing I have done, I really enjoy a battle with a nice gill more than almost any other type of fishing.

Every year I take a canepole out and enjoy the gill's battle like I did when I was knee high to a grasshopper.

Those gills are what turned me on to the fishing I enjoy so much today.

Great way to spend time with the family, catching fish and enjoying the outdoors.

Thanks for all the pic's Jim.