• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Place to shoot around 169 and 394

Parker

Hi - I work in the 394/169 area and would like to shoot my bow over my lunch hour. I havent been able to locate any city or county archery ranges close enough that would allow me to shoot at lunch and get back to work in a reasonable amount of time. Is anyone aware of any place in Golden Valley, St. Louis Park, Plymouth, Minnetonka, etc. area that would fit what I am looking for?

Looked at all of these before I posted. The parks linked are too far for me to drive to, shoot and get back. I considered Theo Wirth, but the description of the park on the Minneapolis Park Board site does not say that archery is available. Is it? Does anyone know of any city parks that may be an option?

Also, the Elm Creek park archery site looks awesome. I will need to check that one out on a weekend.

Also, the Elm Creek park archery site looks awesome. I will need to check that one out on a weekend.

The Elm Creek site is fun. I used to live a couple miles from there. I think its best with a couple buddies. Then you can have little competitions while walking through the course.

Looked at all of these before I posted. The parks linked are too far for me to drive to, shoot and get back. I considered Theo Wirth, but the description of the park on the Minneapolis Park Board site does not say that archery is available. Is it? Does anyone know of any city parks that may be an option?

Theo Wirth does have a range. I don't know the street names but from Hwy 55 to Theo Wirth Pkwy go left. Just past the bridge for the golf course you veer left again. It's at that intersection but on your right. It's not much but it's a place to shoot.