• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wireing from a 2 battery 12 volt to a 24 volt

x1957x

Where does a guy find the way to wire my 2 battery 12 volt setup to a 24 volt setup. I went from a 50lb trolling motor to a 65lb 24volt trolling motor. I have all the wires there, just dont know the correct wireing procedure for it.

Battery 1

Battery 2

Connect a wire from the negative of #1 to the positive of #2

Connect the positive of #1 to the positive of the trolling motor

Connect the neg of #2 to the neg of the trolling motor.

Quote:
Run all other electronics off the starting battery....

Ditto. It would work to use one of the trolling motor batteries but your electronics may have trouble with electrical interferance from the trolling motors. Most new boats are wired from the factory with electronics to the starting battery.

What I found is that I have 2 orange wires,2 black with blue line, and 2 red wires going to battery box on my lund PRO/V (2000) is the year. Also have 2 small wires( like speaker wire size) in there to. Is this a factory lund boat wireing for a 12/24 volt system? And what do I have to do to change it. I have a 4 prong plug at the junction on boat and wired a 4 prong to trolling motor for a 24 volt---- via orange wire on trolling motor plug to boat red wire and the black to boat black wire omitting the red wire all together thinking this is for a 12 volt system right?

Im a little confused at what your saying but 12v is one batter 24v is two batteries. The trolling motor plug-in should work for both 12 or 24. My alumacraft had a 12v bow mount but I bought a 24v trolling motor and just added another battery, no rewiring is necessary other than hooking the batteries together to be a 24v system.