• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lets see your boat

I'll share. Here is where I spend my hours going after pike. I traded my little 14' for this big 16'. It was pretty rough, but I cleaned it, pulled all the junk out and was left with this nice deep aluminum bench seat boat. Mods include, front and back anchor locks, rod holders, wiring for lights, and replacing my rollers on the trailer with bunks. I have done a lot more, but they are minor things like filling holes that were drilled (not by me, someone went nuts on this thing, jb weld works wink )

The thing on the front (beside the light and clevis) is my anchor lock I took off my first boat and had one every one since. Its easier to see in the last picture. DSC_0385.jpg

Hidden in the right corner is my spider web of homemade wiring.

DSC_0386.jpg

Not fancy, rough, tough, and smells like sucker and pike. At the end of the day, prop up the front and hose it down.

DSC_0387.jpg

20lbSS, good start on the new boat mods. Just keep doing little things at a time as you can afford them and in no time you will have a nicely setup boat for your own style of fishing. Maybe next year you can flip her over and put some paint on her? That will make her look really nice. Some tape news paper and a few cans of paint will fix up that trailer really nice also! Keep us posted as you go along. wink

I added a raised floor to the front off my boat. It costed about $50, for the 3/4" green treated plywood, carpet, and boat seat, I had the rest. Its great when I'm alone, it keeps the front down, and planes nicer than before. I have been thinking of removing the middle seat and adding a floor, but I imagine the seat keeps the boat from folding in half. eek I'm not sure how I would make up for the missing seat.

boat1.jpg

I also started painting the trailer, I'm assuming it will take about 4 more cans.

boat2.jpg

I never realized how nice bow mount trolling motors are! I made a custom (redneck engineered) mount to hold it from slipping. I will definatly buy a real one soon.

boat3.jpg

I have been thinking of removing the middle seat and adding a floor, but I imagine the seat keeps the boat from folding in half. eek I'm not sure how I would make up for the missing seat.

Took the middle seat out of my duckboat, i made a brace just incase it was important. Ill try and get a pic next time i am around it.

I have been seriously considering taking the middle seat out, and adding a low floor (about 3" off the bottom). I'm not a boat engineer, but it seems the seat supports the sides, not the bottom, so all I need to do is support the sides. I think it wouldn't be too hard to make a rod locker, about 1' wide and 7-8' long. And maybe just a cabinet thing for storage on the other side. The way I picture it, connecting these to the floor and side of the boat, should be better that the seat ever was, am I right? confused A pedistool seat in the middle, and I should be set for life. Also, is there anyway I can mount an actual bow mount trolling motor on my boat?