• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Replace wood deck with non-skid plastic

tcwin

I have a 1996 Crestliner FishHawk and will need to replace the front deck this fall/winter. Does anyone know if there is a non-skid plastic deck that I could substitute for wood and carpet? I was thinking the plastic might be lighter and would not rot.

Thanks in advance.

Do plastic, and then throw down some of that 3M Anti-Slip tape.

i tried to do that myself on the floor of my boat, however i went with too thin of plastic and it flexed too much for me. it was also alot heavier than i thought it would be, and i'd say very close to wood in the thickness that is needed. i would think there is probably a stronger less flexible product out there than what i had. i had a couple sheets of 1/4"

You may be getting yourself into more of a project than you think. Personally I believe you'd be well advised to rebuild your floor with marine grade plywood and carpet.

You could even ask the Crestliner people for advice.

While carpet may be a pita it is also far less slippery than many options and it makes the boat quieter.

Thank you for all the input -- I was thinking about metal but wasn't sure how I would do my hatches. I was thinking about the 3M Nida-Core , anyone have experience with that?

Else I probably will just do the marine plywood and carpet again - I got 16 years out of the first floor - Crestliner must know what they were doing.