• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

carburaters leaking gas

jdog

so ive got a boat thats new to me and everytime i bring it to the boat launch it pees gas out of the bottom carb its a mercury 60 ive had the carbs cleaned, ive put new floats in, every "carb guy" ive seen says they look good. is there something else that could put too much gas though the motor i need some help please im at a loss i even brought back to the dealer i got it from and they couldnt fix it right

Are the carbs leaking with the outboard trimmed in? If so improper float drop or a problem with needle and seat(inlet valve) are the two most common reasons for that.

If the carbs leak only when trimmed up then the fix is to disconnect the fuel line after a day on the water. Do this at the dock and let the outboard run till its burned the fuel in the carbs bowls.

Also if your using a remote gas tank you'll be prone to leaking fuel from the carbs because of the type vent is has as opposed to and open vent with an onboard tank.