• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ipilot transducer setting

sled59

It depends, for most applications 200 works well. 83 is wider and picks up more detail. You can run both at the same time too. If you do that then make sure you turn on the fish ID feature. Then if a fish ID shows up as orange it is detected by the 200 transducer and would be closer to the boat. If the ID is blue then it is with the 83 and it would be further from the boat. If you have SI and the ID is blue then I look on SI to see which side of the boat the fish are on.

That is wrong information.

The US2 has been out since 2007 and has dual beams. It uses 200 kHz (20 degree cone) and 83kHz (60 degree cone).

Thanks for clarifying this. I did check the minne kota webite and did find this. the only thing was it said it was only select humminbirds and lowrances that this worked with.

That is wrong information.

The US2 has been out since 2007 and has dual beams. It uses 200 kHz (20 degree cone) and 83kHz (60 degree cone).

Yup, I agree with that.

And for the guy who wanted to know what frequency to use, my preference is 200 kHz. You'll get a much cleaner signal with a lot better definition and a lot less junk at 200 than you will at 83.