• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wanna help a young person get started

I am ashamed to Say I was Once a die Hard Duck Hunter but not any more - My Young teenagers Dont enjoy Duck Hunting but Rather Became addicted to Bow Hunting so thats what we do now when we arnt in the boat chasing Walleyes together. I worked for herters as a sales rep for some time and ammased a large Pile of decoys- Some Real nice Burlap MAllards and some not so nice shape too, My point is Id love to be able to help a young person out and Give him/her My deeks for Super Cheap to try to help them out get started in the greatest hunting sport in the World IMO.I dont really want to post in the for sale section cuz thats not what Im trying to do is make any money. Just maybe make a young person feel good that they worked shoveling or cutting grass and paid for their own Gear, somthing like that.I never had anyone give me a break when I was starting out so it would make me feel good being able to help a young person get started. I will say I miss the sport very much- I wish kids today could relly appriciate what it takes to learn the best hunting sport in the World- Maybe if you gys know a kid that fits my description you could post an email for me here I can contact them ? Thanks Guys -Eyes

this would have been a sweet deal when I was a kid... I basically got myself into it, and I love it to this day still! I bought myself a golden female pup, and started raising pure bred, certified pups, and made money doing that, which i then turned into my duck boat I still use every season, and the decoys and a nice semi auto shotgun, and oventually when of age bought myself a nice pickup...

Where abouts are you from? I do know a young gentleman that has an interest in it, I used to be "big brother" type person to him when he was a young child, now he's growing up and we hardly see eachother, but maybe if you are halfways local I could pass along his contact and you could get ahold of him and see if he is interested...

Once again, Great idea!

+1 Sportsman's Cred, eyesonly!

I hope you find someone deserving. Great thread.

Make that +2 cred

I will keep my eyes and ears open for any one that may fit your discription.

Another thing would be to contact a waterfowling group and see if they have some sort of mentoring program that could help you out with your quest.

Just a thought.

Good Luck and thanks for trying to get kids involved in this great sport of watrfowling.

you could do:

contact MN waterfowl association and give to them for their rummage sale or talk to them about giving it to a younger person. They do a camp for kids also.

I know a couple kids but the problem there is 1) I can't be sure they'll stick with it 2) they can't drive so that makes it hard to hunt or pick up decoys.

Great Chillen !!! Let them know not to worry that Ill be more then happy to work with what ever funds they can scrape together and Ill make sure they are happy - Nicely Done ! . My goal here is to get a young person started with some decent gear. Have one of them email me at billvevans@msnDOTcom and I can set up a meeting. Thanks again !!