• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canada border fishing

tah1982

I am planning a trip in early June to go to Canada for my fifth wedding anniversary. This will be a quick trip close to the border but I have a one day pass to go fishing. Anyone have any tips on a good place to catch pike?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

last year in early july on rainy we were catchin em on husky jerks. Get in some shallow bays and start sight fishing them. Cast a few yards behind or to the sides then twich it to them, let it sit right in front of there face and just twich with no reeling, they seemed to go nuts for that settup.(i dont like using leaders or swivels for pike i think it hurts the action)

finness it!

and i like to swap the big hooks for smaller trebles.

Definitely Rainy Lake. I can't make it this year, but I try to go fishing for large Northerns on the Canadian side of Rainy around that time each year. Very little fishing pressure and great fishing! I get excited just thinking about it. Bucktails and husky jerks are hard to beat.

Good luck!

We had some great experiences on Kabetogama. Heck of a smallmouth fishery there too

Pretty sure this is where we are going. Going to rent a canoe and camp in the National Park. Thanks for all the replies